Modern World History Online Covers the broad expanse of world history from the mid-15th century to the present, featuring thousands of documents, articles, timelines, images, videos, and maps.
- Health Reference Center: Gives clear and comprehensive information on conditions and diseases, health and wellness, mental health, and the human body
- American History Online Spans more than 500 years of political, military, social, and cultural history to cover the American experience. Educators Guide
- African-American History Online Features thousands of cross-referenced entries, covering the entire spectrum of African-American history over the past 500
Today's Science Bridges the gap between the science that students learn in the classroom and the discoveries pushing the boundaries of science today. This is a paid database so please ask a librarian for OSHS password.
See your teacher, Mrs. Bonin or Mrs. Bairos for passwords This is a paid subscription
- Issues & Controversies Provides exclusive, extensive coverage of hundreds of today's hot topics, with unbiased analysis and rich related resources. This is a paid database so please ask a librarian for OSHS password.
- Opposing Viewpoints Database A great resource for debate topic research or information on the world's most debated subjects.
- Digital Public Library of America The Digital Public Library of America empowers people to learn, grow, and contribute to a diverse and better-functioning society. We do this by maximizing public access to our shared history, culture, and knowledge.
- Sweet Search EngineSweetSearch is a Search Engine for Students.
It searches only the 35,000 Web sites that our staff of research experts and librarians and teachers have evaluated and approved when creating the content onfindingDulcinea. We constantly evaluate our search results and "fine-tune" them, by increasing the ranking of Web sites from organizations such as the Library of Congress, the Smithsonian, PBS and university Web sites.
- Connecticut Education Network The Connecticut Education Network (CEN) is America's first statewide K-12 and higher education network to be built exclusively using state-of-the-art fiber optic connections. Operating at speeds 1000 times faster than a home broadband connection, the CEN provides incredible access to the Internet, the next generation Internet2, ICONN.ORG Connecticut's re-search engine, and thousands of other resources exclusively targeted to students, teachers, researchers, and administrators in Connecticut's education institutions.
- Connecticut State Library a link to the Connecticut State Library website with valuable information on the State of Connecticut.
- BOOKSHARE.ORG provides accessible books and periodicals for readers with print disabilities. Bookshare is free for all U.S. students with qualifying disabilities. Student memberships are currently funded by an award from the U.S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP). Bookshare believes that people with disabilities deserve the same ease of access to books and periodicals that people without disabilities enjoy. Bookshare offers more than 60,000 digital books, textbooks, teacher-recommended reading, periodicals and assistive technology tools and information for readers of all ages.
- Project GutenburgProject Gutenberg is the place where you can download over 30,000 free ebooks to read on your PC, iPhone, Kindle, Sony Reader or other portable device.
- EDUTOPIA The George Lucas Educational Foundation is dedicated to improving the K-12 learning process by documenting, disseminating, and advocating innovative, replicable, and evidence-based strategies that prepare students to thrive in their future education, careers, and adult lives.
- VoS Voice of the Shuttle - Website for Humanities Search - Sponsored by the English Dept. of the University of California at Santa Barbara. A Dynamic database of online resources on literature, the humanities, and cultural studies. VoS includes both primary and secondary resources and offers links to course materials, author websites, literature in English and other languages, and ebooks.
- Data.gov: Empowering People, an Official Website of the United States Government - The US federal government, which collects all kinds of data, is a good source for student reports or business or general information purposes.
- CREATIVE COMMONS Creative Commons helps you share your knowledge and creativity with the world.
- Internet Archive: Home of the Wayback Machine, the Internet Archive is a large repository dedicated to preserving the digital world and offering access to its past thorough a publicly accessible library.
GUYS READ Check this website out! It's specifically for the GUYS!! It gives you new book lists for males of all ages and has suggested audiobooks as well!
BOOKS FOR BOYS - This is another great website specifically for boys of all ages.
Bookseller-by-post - Champion of the Odd Little Book...and your source for inspired gifts and accessories for readers.